NEWA connects you with data from electronic weather stations in the Northeast through the Internet. Farmers, consultants, food processors, NYS IPM, airports, and Cornell research farms provide the weather stations. The NEWA website provides weather information for more precise IPM and crop production practices. Weather information and pest forecast models enhance decision-making in IPM, especially for plant diseases and insects.
- provides weather data from >100 locations.
- summarizes and displays weather data – find it under Weather Data on the main menu.
- displays pest forecast model results – find them under Pest Forecasts on the main menu.
- links to pertinent information.
- displays weather radar images.
- displays and links to National Weather Service forecasts.
NEWA Vision Statement
NEWA Model References